- 1¾ cups Bob’s Red Mill or favourite gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Chicory Root Inulin with Stevia (omit if using syrup or nectar as below)
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, coconut nectar or favourite syrup (omit if using chicory root/stevia as above)
- 1¼–1½ cups non-dairy milk, water or juice (if using juice, omit either the syrup or chicory root/stevia)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract, or to taste
- favourite cooking oil, for oiling the skillet
- Optional Garnishes: applesauce, syrup, jam, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, nuts or seeds, chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix together until just combined.
- Over medium-low heat, heat the oil in a skillet until it becomes more liquid, then spoon about 2 tbsp of the batter per pancake into the pan.
- Flip when the bottoms are golden brown and cook the other side.
- Optional garnishes can be added during cooking or when served.
Dr. Theresa Nicassio is a registered psychologist (#1541) and author of YUM: plant-based recipes for a gluten-free diet (Sept 2015). Embracing a holistic perspective of health and certified as a gourmet raw food chef, nutrition educator and integrative energy healer, Theresa focuses her time providing psychotherapy to clients in her private practice in Vancouver.