- 2 cups chopped parsley, firmly packed
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, firmly packed
- ½ cup chopped mint, firmly packed
- 3 cups diced cucumbers
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green onions, loosely packed
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced or microplaned, or to taste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed flax or hemp oil or more extra virgin olive oil
- ¼–½ tsp Himalayan salt, to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 3 cups cooked and cooled quinoa, quinoa-rice (half-quinoa/half-rice), or cooked and cooled millet (or Cauliflower Rice*, for a completely raw and grain-free variation)
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed (optional)
- Place all ingredients except the grains in a very large bowl and toss together.
- Add quinoa, quinoa-rice, millet, or Cauliflower Rice along with the chickpeas (if using) and toss to completely combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to enjoy later.
2015 Canadian Champion – Gourmand World Cookbook Award (Best Diet Book) & 2016 Best in the World Gourmand Award Winner (Best Diet Book in the World-2nd) http://yumfoodforliving.com/buy-yum and on Amazon or eBook
*Photos & recipe excerpted and adapted from award-winning YUM: plant-based recipes for a gluten-free diet (2015) by Dr. Theresa Nicassio. All rights reserved. www.yumfoodforliving.com
Author Photography by photoali.com
Food & Garden Photography by Theresa Nicassio